Feb 5, 2011


The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team concluded a successful start with preparations for the 2011 MotoGP World Championship with Colin Edwards and Cal Crutchlow satisfied with significant progress achieved by the end of a three-day Test at Sepang circuit in Malaysia.

Experienced American Edwards took full advantage of dry conditions throughout the Test to assess a number of new upgrades for the Yamaha YZR-M1 machine. The 36-year-old completed 125 laps in close collaboration with the crew to assess the revision of the engine, chassis and electronics package will campaign in 2011.
Edwards ended with a best time of 2'01 .651 by the end of ninth overall, Sepang Test stressing how competitive the 2011 World Cup is likely to be in the top ten riders parts from just over one second.
Crutchlow also boasts a very encouraging performance, the British rider clocking a best time of 2'02 .717 to finish 17th on the final sheet in what turned out to be a productive second test Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team.
Crutchlow was able to quickly familiarize yourself with the weather and technical Sepang circuit he had never seen before and won consecutive discomfort in his left shoulder after a pre-Christmas surgery to artfully enhance confidence and speed with the YZR-M1 machine.
Crutchlow made a brilliant recovery from a high speed crash on Monday afternoon to hit almost 1.3s from the time of the day, as he completed 127 laps at the time of the trial reached its climax.
Colin Edwards, 9:
"It was good to get back to work with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team and I'm really happy with the progress that Yamaha has done on the bike for 2011. He has improved in all areas and it was great to get back to the speed so quickly and at competitive and consistent times each day. The engine is a great improvement in terms of power and the chassis helps to turn a lot better than I could before, so that all aspects I am happy and confident that I can have a strong season. Looking at the field there is an incredible talent, but I feel very motivated to repeat some of which had strong results in 2009. It will not be easy, but I'm sure with the help of Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team, it is unrealistic to strive for the top six. I will be glad to be on track again later this month so we can finalize the package before the first race. "
Cal Crutchlow, 17th:
"I'm happy with the test because I'm still learning so much, but I was able to run a consistent pace and drop my times each day. I am a big learning curve and I was not looking for pure speed. I had never ridden in this piece before and is definitely a tough place to learn quickly. All the other kids have made millions of rounds around here and I just have to create my experience. I have to improve in every area, but I'm happy and the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team is very happy. My times on the podium for those in the race last year and this is good considering everything is still so new to me and I was not in excellent physical condition because of my shoulder. should be improved in braking but also to accelerate the pace of my hard tires Bridgestone, but I feel I'm getting more comfortable with the bike. I've been looking at loads of data and when they return later this month will continue trying to adjust my style. I'm still riding the bike too much like a superbike, but I'm happy that I'm progressing and getting faster.

No comments:

MotoGP RSS on motogp.com - The Official MotoGP Website