Feb 5, 2011

MOTOGP WORLD: Interview with Jorge Lorenzo


The Jorge Lorenzo is the guide that will show all time # 1 for next year

Interview by Dimitris Diatsidi at Misano, which was published with several more photos in issue # 22 magazine MOTOGP WORLD

The debate started from the topic being discussed more in the paddock at this time: the speed and power of the Honda. "At this stage of the championship a little difficulty, while Pedrosa is in the best condition, so although the difference is quite large, we have to wait a few matches to see what happens," says Lorenzo. After continuing the theme that the Yamaha has used several engines that Honda has more "fresh." The interlocutor is both very cool: "I am concerned about both the number of engines. It is true that Honda engines last longer, but we too did well the first 12 races, won a big difference and now we must think about the championship, "he said of course that is right in the title race is superior to the M1 start was universal. "Sure we can to end the follow-up to third position to take. But this is not our goal. We try to win races until the end of the Championship, "he said and meant that he did not like the strategies. Besides the last three years that follow the path of a close, we have seen the look of everything thirst for victory.

To change the climate of talk about Jorge, as a person. In this crazy world final, the horsepower, the money, it seems that sofrology helps him to be and appear calm. How exactly does this in mind? "Meditation or sofrology helps me to be absolutely quiet when for example I have a lot of work, or when the results are not good as you want. Then sit in a chair, close my eyes for 15 or 20 minutes, almost like sleep, but sleep and just concentrate on my breathing. In this way after 20 minutes I'm "fresh" and I go back to work, "he says of how he has discovered the first year in MotoGP, then he fell several times. Then sofrology (word derived from Greek root) is the science of harmonizing consciousness, helped considerably. This technique was created in 1960 by Alfonso Caycedo nefrofysiatro worked in Spain. Methods Merges East and actual keys of hypnosis. It also incorporates breathing exercises, physical and mental techniques of yoga, Chi Kung and Zen, and has evolved so as a dynamic relaxation. The aim is to strengthen the balance of emotions, thoughts and behavior.

And that appeared last year with all the Jorge Lorenzo managed to reinforce the positive action and to see things more realistically and thus improve the effectiveness of action. An example we have experienced was the calm with which faced the famous passage of Rossi on the last turn of the Montmelo to 2009.

"I think this is a big difference, Jorge 2008, which saw the speed and perspective, and then began to fall and Jorge's 2010 showing calm and able to keeps control over the bike, but his feelings, was Our next question. The answer came quite realistic: "We can say that I was always a very fast driver, from the beginning of my career in MotoGP, because for example in my first race in Qatar got the pole position. So the speed of everything I had, but we can not win the title just as quickly. You have to have other items, you must have patience, stability, control of your mind, experience. So now I'm a more structured guidance and therefore have better results.

He continued: "Certainly it is sometimes difficult to be calm and have patience to finish a race in fourth place or third. Why you really want to win all the matches. But we can not win all the races a championship, because there are tracks that are best for your bike, or have better arrangements, or because you feel more comfortable on this track and then you can win. But there are some other tracks that may be a little worse and there is important is to finish the race, not ecstatic and do something crazy. " He earlier this year said that sometimes fear that swept the competition and may be exaggerated, but ultimately the latest results show that indeed Lorenzo is now mature. And maybe now the word Rossi does not make him so crazy! "This word was my problem, and certainly I could not win any race! Because if you have obsessed with a person concentrates on that person and forget about your job, or what you should do. " So admits that the original goal (and many others) was to beat Rossi. Now this obsession is history!

"I was always a man who did not give any importance, not because I respect them because they are amazing drivers are the best in the world, but why not give nothing to me to think of others. The energy I get from my thinking of how to improve myself, "says Spanish to explain what some see as arrogance.
Improving himself, began last year is faster than Rossi on some tracks. This was a great pleasure for himself: "OK, it's nice to be faster than a driver who has won 7 World Championships in the top division. It is best to win the best drivers in history, but to win the Normal drivers is obvious. But I have to Valentino as a god, as some other drivers in the category have the Valentino as the invincible or something. I came to MotoGP and said: "What should I do to become the best" and I began to discover what to improve. This was difficult because in the beginning I fell several times and wounded several times, but then slowly -



slowly began to understand how this class and how I could become the best. "

Of course, many say that at least the celebration of the copies Valentino and certainly has not done better. The Lorenzo explains how his thinking on the topic: "In my whole life trying to be different from others because it is very boring to you and do the same things others do. I do not know if I would do the same without them has done Valentino. Can I made my first and told everyone that I am the first, but the reality is that Valentino started it first, so if I continue to do some say that such copying is by Valentino, which some fans say to me "by Lorenzo is the best "and the bike and rejoicing at all. But I live my life, I do not live the lives of others if others do not like, I do not care! I have many fans and this is my feeling and my love goes to my fans and not those who do not like! "

"The fans will be Valentino's fans to stop racing, but for several years afterwards. Followers of Pedrosa will be the proportion of Pedrosa. Some change, but not massive. Make the celebration because I like to do and I think that might be fun for me and my people and to live the moment and not just to greet the audience with his hand or punch me. This is something normal, something boring and I'm not a normal road driver! "And maybe the actress who took courses in London help him in these sketches:" No, just trying to make my best. I am not Michael Jackson and I am definitely not a robot, just the relevant sketches to moonwalk tried to do the best I could. "

Certainly Jorge Lorenzo is a normal road driver. He writes his own story and slowly - slowly rises and lists statistics MotoGP, especially since last year is all one of the top 4 drivers, «fantastic four», as they are called. They are 4 to win any of the motorcycles of Honda, Ducati, Yamaha; «Not every driver, but speaking for myself, I was always quick with what bike I had in my entire career. I do not think that would be a big problem if I changed brands. Now of course I want to stay with Yamaha because this is the best family in the paddock. It's really a big family and all the lovely people. I do not think other brands is the same, so therefore I want to go with Yamaha, but if one day I have to change because of such assignment or something, I think I will adapt to the other, "replies the Spaniard, while giving the position of translational movements of the chessboard.

Here we can say that the Stoner to make the first move, the Rossi is known that he would go to the "red" team and Pedrosa to stay at Honda, then laminated the good results, there appears to be many options left. "Speaking of Yamaha, think that from now on will focus on the development of the motorcycle of 1000cc, follow your own line?" Asked to get a direct answer: "I hope and wish to do so and I think we should do. Because if you compromise and remain satisfied with what we have now, surely the other brands we will overcome and be more competitive. "

Certainly a discussion of a Greek journalist with the driver as a trade mark of the helmet of the Spartan Leonidas, surely this issue is to close the conversation. "I knew the story of Sparta before seeing the movie" 300 ". But there is very little you know and see this movie explaining what happened then. How was the life of the Spartans and everything about the battle with the Persians. I liked this movie and I thought that my life was quite similar to the Spartans. Depending on the distance of time, because surely life was much harder than my life. My life was something that you can live in our times. The Spartans were preparing their children from the beginning, from an early age, every day, to become fighters. And it was a city of warriors. All they were doing to prepare for battle. And the whole energy of my father, financially and spiritually was to become a racing driver. And make me No. 1.

No comments:

MotoGP RSS on motogp.com - The Official MotoGP Website